Coal Age

APR 2017

Coal Age Magazine - For more than 100 years, Coal Age has been the magazine that readers can trust for guidance and insight on this important industry.

Issue link: http://coal.epubxp.com/i/816942

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 33 of 51

SAVE HUNDREDS WITH EARLY BIRD PRICING Conference Schedule Subject to Change Session 1: Health & Safety How can the CPDM Aff ect Miners' Knowledge and Control of Respirable Dust Exposure? By Emily J. Haas, PhD, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Longwall Automation: Making Mining Safer Through Technology By Adam Zamora, Westmoreland Coal, and Jack D. Trackemas, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Evaluation of Noise Controls for Longwall Cutting Drums Speakers Invited Applications of a Scaled Aerodynamic Model for Simulations of Airflows in a Longwall Mine Gangrade, V., Harteis, S.P. and Addis, J.D., National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Controlling Dust Concentration at a Longwall Face Through Application of a Flooded-Bed Scrubber to a Longwall Shearer By Sampurna Arya, University of Kentucky; William Chad Wedding, University of Kentucky; Thomas Novak, University of Kentucky; and James P. Rider, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Session 2: Equipment & Life-Cycle Improvements First Chinese Shields in the U.S. at the Oak Grove Mine Speakers Invited Transformation/Repurposing of Face Equipment Jacob Smith, Engineering Manager- Sufco Mine Bowie Resources Creating Unique Face Solutions: [Unique Financing] (CAT-Job Site Solutions) + Life cycle management Speakers Invited Case Study: Extending the Life of Longwall Roof Supports Through the Use of Life Cycle Testing Management Plan By Mr. Allan Black, Joy Global Smart Mining Technologies: Application and Outlook for the Global Longwall Mining Industry Speaker Invited Session 3: Operating Effi ciencies Improved Safety and Increases in Performance and Productivity Through the Implementation of a Longwall Proximity System and the Use of Smart, Connected LW Products By Rudie Boshoff and James Sudworth Case Study: Improved safety and Productivity Through the Use of Advanced Shearer Automation - Tunnel Ridge Longwall Speakers Invited Financial Advantage of Utilizing Contractors to Perform Longwall Moves By Neville McAlary, CEO and RC Mining Services, Delta SBD Ltd. and Ray Chadwick, Director, Delta SBD Ltd. LONGWALL USA Exhibition & Conference 2017 June 13-15, 2017 • David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA USA A er more than 20 years of serving the industry, everyone at Longwall USA Exhibition and Conference is still focused on finding ways to help operators work more effi ciently, more safely, and more profitably. And we won't stop now. Come visit the 2017 Longwall USA Exhibition & Conference and help us support the industry!

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Coal Age - APR 2017